Released December 15, 2015
- Added render_kw to allow default rendering time options.
- Updated / added a number of localizations
- Updated docs
- Allow widgets to set flags
Released January 18, 2015
- Added more localizations and updated some.
- Validators for email and URL can validate IDNA-encoded domain names and new TLDs
- Better DeprecationWarnings
- Support localization files in /usr/share/locale (for distro packaging)
Released July 1, 2014
- Update wheel install to conditionally install ordereddict for python 2.6.
- Doc improvements
Released May 20, 2014
- Add new class Meta paradigm for much more powerful customization of WTForms.
- Move i18n into core. Deprecate wtforms.ext.i18n.
- Move CSRF into core. Deprecate wtforms.ext.csrf.
- Fix issue rendering SelectFields with
- Make DecimalField able to use babel locale-based number formatting.
- Drop Python 3.2 support (Python3 support for 3.3+ only)
attr=Falseto WTForms widgets causes the value to be ignored.
- Unique validator in wtforms.ext.sqlalchemy has been removed.
Released September 10, 2013
- Fix a bug in validators which causes translations to happen once then clobber any future translations.
- ext.sqlalchemy / ext.appengine: minor cleanups / deprecation.
- Allow blank string and the string ‘false’ to be considered false values for BooleanField (configurable). This is technically a breaking change, but it is not likey to affect the majority of users adversely.
- ext.i18n form allows passing LANGUAGES to the constructor.
Released April 28, 2013
- Add widgets and field implementations for HTML5 specialty input types.
- ext.appengine: Add NDB support.
- Add translations: Korean, Traditional Chinese
Released January 24, 2013
- Tests complete in python 3.2/3.3.
- Localization for ru, fr.
- Minor fixes in documentation for clarity.
- FieldList now can take validators on the entire FieldList.
- ext.sqlalchemy model_form:
- Fix issue with QuerySelectField
- Fix issue in ColumnDefault conversion
- Support Enum type
- Field class now allows traversal in Django 1.4 templates.
Released August 24, 2012
- We now support Python 2.x and 3.x on the same codebase, thanks to a lot of hard work by Vinay Sajip.
- Add in ability to convert relationships to ext.sqlalchemy model_form
- Built-in localizations for more languages
- Validator cleanup:
- Distinguish Required validator into InputRequired and DataRequired
- Better IP address validation, including IPv6 support.
- AnyOf / NoneOf now work properly formatting other datatypes than strings.
- Optional validator can optionally pass through whitespace.
Released February 29, 2012
- Fixed issues related to building for python 3 and python pre-releases.
- Add object_data to fields to get at the originally passed data.
Released February 28, 2012
- Output HTML5 compact syntax by default.
- Substantial code reorg, cleanup, and test improvements
- Added ext.csrf for a way to implement CSRF protection
- Support PGInet, MACADDR, and UUID field conversion
- Support callable defaults
- model_form now supports generating forms with the same ordering as model.
- ReferencePropertyField now gets get_label like the other ORM fields
- Add localization support for WTForms built-in messages
- Python 3 support (via 2to3)
- Minor changes/fixes:
- An empty label string can be specified on fields if desired
- Option widget can now take kwargs customization
- Field subclasses can provide default validators as a class property
- DateTimeField can take time in microseconds
- Numeric fields all set .data to None on coercion error for consistency.
Released April 24, 2011
- Documentation: Substantial documentation improvements, including adding Crash Course as a sphinx document.
- ext.django: QuerySetSelectField (and ModelSelectField) now accept get_label similar to sqlalchemy equivalents.
- model_form fixes: FloatField(#50), TimeField, DateTimeField(#55)
- ReferencePropertyField: now properly stores model object, not key. (#48)
Released January 22, 2011
- Bug Fixes:
- ext.appengine: various field fixes (#34, #48), model_form changes (#41)
- Fix issue in Optional with non-string input.
- Make numeric fields more consistent.
- Tests: Improve test coverage substantially.
Released September 17th, 2010
- Bug Fixes:
- ext.appengine ReferencePropertyField (#36, #37)
- dateutil fields: render issue (r419), and consistency issue (#35)
- Optional validator failed when raw_data was absent (r418)
- Documentation: docs now mention HTML escaping functionality (#38)
- Add preliminary support for providing a translations object that can translate built-in validation and coercion errors (#32)
Released April 25th, 2010.
- HTML is now marked as safe (using __html__) so that compatible templating engines will not auto-escape it.
- Field._default is now Field.default.
- All fields now have a raw_data property.
- Fields which are select fields (including those in .ext) can be iterated to produce options, and have an option_widget kwarg.
- Minor bugfixes and cleanup in FieldList, Select(Multiple)Field, QuerySelectField to address behavioral consistency.
- Added FloatField, based on IntegerField.
- ext.appengine now supports FloatProperty and GeoPtProperty.
- ext.sqlalchemy QueryMultipleSelectField changed to QuerySelectMultipleField.
Released February 13th, 2010.
- Added a BaseForm class which provides the core processing and validation functionality of Form without requiring declarative subclassing.
- Field labels now default to a humanized field name.
- Fields now have a short_name property which is the un-prefixed name.
- DecimalField now rounds values for display without float coercion. See docs for details on how to format decimals.
- ext.sqlalchemy.fields now has an additional QuerySelectMultipleField, and all fields can now support multiple-column primary keys.
- ext.sqlalchemy.orm contains tools for making forms from ORM models.
- Added ext.dateutil for flexible date-time parsing.
- Added ext.appengine contributed by Rodrigo Moraes.
- Added AnyOf and NoneOf validators.
Released October 10th, 2009.
- Fields have much greater control over input processing. Filters have been added to implement a simple way to transform input data.
- Added fields that encapsulate advanced data structures such as dynamic lists or child forms for more powerful field composing.
- Fields now use widgets for rendering.
- All built-in validators have been converted to classes to clean up the code.
- Form.auto_populate and Field.populate were renamed to populate_obj to clarify that they populate another object, not the Form or Field. This is an API breaking change.
- Dropped support for Python 2.3.
Released January 24th, 2009.
- Several fixes were made to the code and tests to make WTForms compatible with Python 2.3/2.4.
- Form’s properties can now be accessed via dictionary-style access such as form[‘author’]. This also has the intended effect of making variable lookups in Django templates more reliable.
- Form and Field construction changes: Form now uses a metaclass to handle creating its _unbound_fields property, and Field construction now gives an instance of the new UnboundField class instead of using a partial function application. These are both internal changes and do not change the API.
Released January 18th, 2009.
Validation overhaul: Fields are now responsible for their own validation, instead of mostly relying on Form. There are also new pre_validate and post_validate hooks on subfields, adding a great deal of flexibility when dealing with field-level validation. Note that this is an API breaking change if you have any subfields that override Field.validate. These will need to be updated to use the new hooks.
Changes in how process_data and process_formdata are called:
- process_data no longer accepts the has_formdata parameter.
- At form instantiation time, process_data will be called only once for each field. If a model object is provided which contains the property, then this value is used. Otherwise, a keyword argument if specified is used. Failing that, the field’s default value is used.
- If any form data is sent, process_formdata will be called after process_data for each field. If no form data is available for the given field, it is called with an empty list.
wtforms.ext.django has been overhauled, both to mirror features and changes of the Django 1.0 release, and to add some useful fields for working with django ORM data in forms.
The checker keyword argument to SelectField, SelectMultipleField, and RadioField has been renamed to coerce to reflect the actual functionality of this callable.
Released January 13th, 2009.
- We have documentation and unit tests!
- Fields now have a flags property which contain boolean flags that are set either by the field itself or validators being specified on a field. The flags can then be used in checks in template or python code.
- Changed the way fields take parameters, they are no longer quasi magic. This is a breaking change. Please see the documentation for the new syntax.
- Added optional description argument to Field, accessible on the field as description. This provides an easy way to define e.g. help text in the same place as the form.
- Added new semantics for validators which can stop the validation chain, with or without errors.
- Added a regexp validator, and removed the not_empty validator in favour of two validators, optional and required. The new validators allow control over the validation chain in addition to checking emptiness.
- Renamed wtforms.contrib to wtforms.ext and reorganised wtforms.ext.django. This is a breaking change if you were using the django extensions, but should only require changing your imports around a little.
- Better support for other frameworks such as Pylons.
Released July 25th, 2008.
- Initial release.